The Marshalltown Dog Park is located at the east end of Riverview Park and is open all year! Winter snow is not removed. Dog Park users may bring a shovel to clear gate access for dogs to run and exercise!
Marshalltown Dog Park Rules
Help enforcing park rules will make use of the park more enjoyable for everyone.
- Each dog must be registered through a day pass or an annual (January-December) membership.
- Dogs are required to have all current vaccinations.
- The park is open from dawn to dusk.
- Dog owners must pick up and dispose of dog waste.
- Children under 9 years of age are not permitted in the off-leash area.
- An adult must accompany children ages 9-17.
- Owners must keep their dog(s) under control and carry a leash for each dog.
- No more than three dogs per handler.
- An aggressive dog must immediately be leashed and removed.
- Dog treats are allowed for training purposes only.
- Dogs are to be within eyesight and voice control at all times in the park. Keep dogs attended at all times.
- Dogs in heat, puppies under 5 months old and sick dogs are not allowed.
- Dog owners assume all risks related to the use of the dog park and are responsible for the acts and conduct of their animals.
- Dogs deemed vicious by the City of Marshalltown are not permitted in the park.
Marshalltown Dog Park Policies & Fees
Daily use fee is $3 per dog. Fee is to be placed in envelopes provided and left in the drop box. Annual Dog Park Membership Registration forms are available online, from local veterinary clinics and at the Parks & Recreation office. Annual registration asks the expiration dates of Parvo/Distemper and Rabies, if your dog is spayed or neutered and veterinary clinic contact information. Annual membership fee is $30, with a $5 discount when your dog is spayed or neutered. Annual membership is January 1 - December 31.
- No digging is allowed.
- Dogs must be on their leash when not inside the fenced area.
- Dogs should be under voice control, eyesight and close range of handler at all times.
- Flat collars are required. Pinch/prong/spike collars are not allowed for the protection of the other dogs in the park.
- No alcohol is allowed.
Tree & Bench Memorials
The City of Marshalltown welcomes Memorial Tree and Bench Program donations. These generous donations will grace our public spaces for decades while providing a unique opportunity to honor a special person or to mark a notable event. Park staff will do the planting of a tree or placement of a bench. The city will assume continued maintenance.