Owner Occupied Housing Improvement Program
MARSHALLTOWN OWNER-OCCUPIED HOUSING IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM
The City of Marshalltown was awarded a $500,000 Community Development Block Grant through the Iowa Department of Economic Development for improving owner occupied homes in the 2018 tornado affected area. The program provides up to $24,999 in home improvement grants to qualified homeowners. In order for the $24,999 to be forgiven, the homeowner must reside at the house for additional five years after the housing improvements are completed.
Examples of common home improvements through this project include roof replacement, window replacement, furnace repair or replacement, siding replacement, electrical system upgrades, exterior door replacement, insulation and painting.
To qualify for this program, households need to meet several eligibility guidelines, which include:
- Annual household income. Your anticipated annual income needs to be less than the respective income limits.
- You need to own the property outright or have a mortgage. Land sales contract property owners and rental properties are not eligible for assistance.
- The homeowner must have insurance on the home at the time the work is done.
If you are interested in participating in this program or obtaining additional information please contact the person noted below for application materials. Applications can also be picked up at the Marshalltown City Hall. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis, until funds are exhausted.
- Mark Newberg
- Region 6 Resource Partners
- 903 E. Main Street,
- Marshalltown, IA 50158
Annual Household Income Limits:
- 1 Person Household $38,850
- 2 Person Household $44,400
- 3 Person Household $49,950
- 4 Person Household $55,500
- 5 Person Household $59,950
- 6 Person Household $54,400