Camp Marshalltown Day Camp
Special Needs Day Camp
This camp is uniquely designed for school age kids in the Marshall County area, (ages 5 to 21, if still in high school) who have intellectual and / or developmental disabilities, such as downs syndrome, cerebral palsy, autism, ODD, OCD, or many others. Camp Marshalltown meets at the Miller Middle School from 9 am to 5 pm.
A variety of activities are planned throughout the summer, including:
- card and board games
- field trips
- outside games and physical activity
- swimming at the Aquatic Center each week
June 17 - 21
June 24 - 28
No Camp July 1 - 5
July 8 - 12
July 15 - 19
July 22 - 26
July 29 - August 2
August 5 - 7
Enrollment, Early Drop-Off, Late Pick-Up & Fees
Camp Marshalltown Enrollment Forms are for ages 5 - 17 and ages 18 - 21. Pay the weekly enrollment $30 fee by 4:30 pm Thursday of the preceding week attending to avoid a $5 late payment fee. Early Drop-Off is available from 8 am to 9 pm for a $5 fee. Pick Up time is by 5:00 pm to avoid a $5 late fee for every 15 minutes later than 5:00 pm.
A 1 staff to 4 participant ratio is provided by staff certified in medication, CPR and First Aid. Lunch is provided through the school summer lunch program, when available. Participants must bring their lunch when school lunches are not provided. This program is made possible, in part, with funding through Marshall County ARC and United Way.
- Days: Monday through Friday
- Start Time: 9 a.m. Early drop-off (8 a.m. to 9 a.m.)
- Cost: $30 per week (includes a t-shirt)
- Early drop-off (8 a.m. to 9 a.m.): $5 per week.
- Pick up Time: 5 p.m. (to avoid a $5 late pick up fee)
- To avoid a $5 late enrollment fee, payment must be received by the Thursday before attending next week.
- Location: Miller Middle School
- Enrollment packet available at the Parks and Recreation Office