Due to Covid-19 the 2020 Aquatic Center season will be opening & closing in phases.
|2020 Closing Schedule|
July 4 - August 9
August 10 - 21
Adult Tot Swim
- Temperatures of all patrons will be taken upon entry into the facility. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be admitted. We ask that patrons stay home if they are sick.
- Patrons will be asked 2 questions and will also be required to sign in before entering the facility.
- All deck chairs have been removed. Patrons will need to bring own chairs or loungers. Lockers are not available for use.
- Extra sanitizing procedures will be in place.
- Limit of 24 tubes on the lazy river. No double tubes this year.
- "Social Distancing" is encourage in and out of the water.
- Masks are encouraged while on deck but are discouraged while in the water.
- Swim Test will only be given during the pool breaks.
- Restrooms will be closed for 10 minutes every hour for sanitizing. (Announcements will be made)
- Limited pre-wrapped concession items will be available.
Aquatic Center Activities & Additional Information
Water Walking / Lap Swim
- Monday to Sunday: 11:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Monday to Friday: 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Adult Tot Swim
- Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday -- 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
View Aquatic Center Activities for additional details.
*Hours subject to change
All patrons entering the facility must pay admission. Cash & credit cards are accepted at the Aquatic Center.
|Open Swim Admission||$4.00|
|Open Swim Admission after 5pm||$2.00|
|Age 2 & under||FREE|
|10-pack of tickets||$38.00|
|Waterwalking & Lap Swim||$3.00|
|Adult/Tot Swim (T/TH/Sat)||$3.00|
|15-pass scan card||$40.00|Season swim passes may be purchased at the Parks and Recreation office with cash, check, VISA, Master Card and American Express. The season pass prices include tax. Passes are sold by household - extended family (grandparents, cousins, etc.) cannot be added other than via the Nanny Pass option. Documentation may be required to determine family status. Each pass holder will receive a photo ID card; must show pass to enter or be charged daily admission. $5 charge for reprinting cards. Definition of "Family" Up to two adults residing at the same address and legally supported children age 18 and under. Exceptions: (1) children up to age 21 who are post-secondary students; (2) adult dependents claimed as a taxable dependent. Documentation may be required to determine family status. Fraudulent information results in pass revocation and no refund. Children under age 9 must be actively supervised in the water by someone age 15 or older in the water.
Nanny Season Pass
A person, age 15 or older, who actively supervises one or more children in the water. The Nanny must be included at the time the season pass is purchased. Only one Nanny may be added per season pass. The Waiver must be signed before sale. Cost is $75 to a add a Nanny to a season pass.
Swim tickets may be purchased in a sheet of 10 tickets. Swim ticket may be purchased at the Parks and Recreation Office and the Aquatic Center. The cost is $38.
Come & Go Passes
Those who have paid a daily admission and want to leave the facility and return the same day should stop at the admission window and ask for a Come and Go Pass. The pass, along with $1, allows re-entry to the Aquatic Center on that day.
Weather Related Concerns
To receive notifications for weather related concern (via text or email) go to the lower right of this page clickto receive notifications via text or email. For assistance click notifications. Alternately, contact the Aquatic Center (641) 844-1515, follow Marshalltown Parks and Recreation Department Facebook page, listen to local radio stations or call the cancellation line (641) 754-5779.
The Aquatic Center may be closed due to bad weather or when temperature is below 67 degrees. Rain checks will be issued if the pool closes due to rain or thunderstorms.
Food / Coolers / Lawn Chairs
No outside food or beverages is permitted. During Covid-19, deck chairs have been removed. Patrons may bring their own chairs or loungers. Lockers are not available for use.