Open Swim Hours*:
- Monday to Friday: 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Aquatic Center Activities & Additional Information
Water Walking / Lap Swim / Adult-Tot Swim Hours*:
- Monday to Sunday: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Monday to Friday: 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
View Aquatic Center Activities for additional details.
*Hours subject to change
- $4: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Ages 3 and older
- $2: After 5 p.m. to close Ages 3 and older
- Free Daily General Admission Ages 2 and under
- $38: 10-pack Tickets General Admission Tickets
- $3: Water Walking/Lap Swim/Adult-Tot Swim Admission (up to 1 adult / 2 children age 6 or younger)
- $40: 15-Pass Scan Card Refillable Water Walking/Lap Swim / Adult-Tot Swim Scan Card
All who enter the facility must pay an admission fee with no exceptions (spectators and non-swimmers as well as swimmers). Cash-only, no checks or credit cards, are accepted at the Aquatic Center.
Season Swim Passes
Season swim passes may be purchased at the Parks and Recreation office with cash, check, VISA, Master Card and American Express.
- Single Person Swim Pass $ 90
- Two-Person Family Swim Pass $155
- Three-Person Family Swim Pass $180
- Four-Person Family Swim Pass $205
- Five-Person Family Swim Pass $230
- Six-Person Family Swim Pass $255
- Seven-Person Family Swim Pass $280
- Eight-Person Family Swim Pass $305
- Nine-Person Family Swim Pass $330
- Additional family members $25 each
The season pass prices include tax.
Passes are sold by household - extended family (grandparents, cousins, etc.) cannot be added, other than via the Nanny Pass option. Each pass holder will receive a photo ID card (required); must show pass to enter or be charged daily admission.
$5 charge for reprinting cards.
Definition of "Family"
Up to two adults residing at the same address and legally supported children age 18 and under. Exceptions: (1) children up to age 21 who are post-secondary students; (2) adult dependents claimed as a taxable dependent. Documentation may be required to determine family status. Fraudulent information results in pass revocation and no refund. Children under age 9 must be actively supervised in the water by someone age 15 or older in the water.
Nanny Season Pass
A person, age 15 or older, who actively supervises one or more children in the water. The Nanny must be included at the time the season pass is purchased. Only one Nanny may be added per season pass. The Waiver must be signed before sale.
Cost is $75 to a add a Nanny to a season pass.
Swim tickets may be purchased in a sheet of 10 tickets. Swim ticket may be purchased at the Parks and Recreation Office and the Aquatic Center. The cost is $38
Come & Go Passes
Those who have paid a daily admission and want to leave the facility for any reason and return that same day may ask for a Come and Go Pass. The pass, along with $1, allows re-entry to the Aquatic Center on that day.
The Aquatic Center may be closed due to bad weather or when temperature is below 67 degrees. Follow Facebook: Marshalltown Parks and Recreation Department for updates regarding the Aquatic Center.
Rain checks will be issued if the pool closes due to rain or thunderstorms. Closings will be posted on Facebook, on local radio stations, Facebook and Twitter, Aquatic Center 641-844-1515 and Parks and Recreation recorded information line 641-754-5779.
Food / Coolers / Lawn Chairs
Bringing in coolers and food is prohibited. There are a limited number of chairs at the aquatic center. Lawn chairs (no chaise lounges) may be brought and used on the grass areas only.