The Marshalltown Family Aquatic Center is a part of the Marshalltown Parks and Recreation Department. Contact the Parks and Recreation office for additional information 641-754-5715.
The Parks and Recreation Department hires swim lesson instructors, admission and concession staff. At our Human Resource page find details of available positions for Parks and Recreation, as well as other City positions.
Lifeguards - The Parks and Recreation Department contracts with the YMCA-YWCA to provide lifeguards. Contact the Marshalltown YMCA-YWCA about becoming a lifeguard for the Marshalltown Family Aquatic Center.
Recent Updates / Changes
Children under age 9 must be actively supervised in the water by someone age 15 or older in the water. Proper Swim Attire guidelines will be enforced
2018 Dates & Times
- Opens: Monday, May 28, June 2 & 3, then June 6 through August 19, and finally August 25 and 26.
- Closed for Open Swimming: May 29 - June 1; June 4 - 5; August 20 - 24, 2018
- Final Open Swim Days: August 25 & 26, 2018
- Doggie Dip: August 27 and 28, 2018
- 5:30 to 6:30 pm for dogs 25 pounds or less
- 6:45 to 7:45 pm for dogs 26 pounds or more
Daily Admission $4
Daily Admission after 5 pm $2
Age 2 & younger Free
10-pack of Tickets $40
Water Walking/Lap Swim $3
Adult/Tot Swim (T/Th/Sat) $3
15-Pass Scan Card $40
(Water Walking/Lap Swim/Adult/Tot Swim)
Season Pass Options
Single Person Pass $90
2-Person Family Pass $155
3-Person Family Pass $180
4-Person Family Pass $205
5-Person Family Pass $230
6-Person Family Pass $255
7-Person Family Pass $280
8-Person Family Pass $305
9-Person Family Pass $330
Additional Family Members $25
Nanny Pass w/other pass $75