Under the instruction of Master Mike Wickham, we are happy to offer Taekwondo classes! More than just kicking and punching, Taekwondo classes are structured for fun, education, self defense and fitness for anyone at almost any age! No uniform is required - wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing. USA Taekwondo guidelines will be used and testing is available to participants through Master Wickham. Follow Taekwondo on its Facebook page to find updates and unforeseen class changes.
- Days: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday nights
- Beginner (White & Yellow Belts)
- Intermediate/Advanced (Orange belt & above)
- Beginner: 6:30 - 7:30pm
- Intermediate/Advanced: 7:30 - 8:30pm
- Location: Veterans Memorial Coliseum - 2nd Floor (Please use West Entrance)
- Ages: 7 years and older
- Cost: $60 per session
Covid 19 mitigation measures:
- Face Covering ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED and ENCOURAGED. Please think of not just yourself but others.
- 6 ft. Social distancing will be adhered to upon entering the facility
Register Online by 4:30pm on the first day of class to avoid a $20 late payment fee.
2021 Session Dates
Session 1: January 4 to February 8 (January 4th - 14th at the Community Building)
Session 2: February 11 to March 18
Session 3: March 23 to April 27
Session 4: May 3 to June 8 (except Memorial Day, 5/25)
Session 5: June 14 to July 19
Session 6: July 20 to August 24
Session 7: August 30 to October 5 (except Labor Day, 9/7)
Session 8: October 11 to November 15
Session 9: November 16 to December 23 (except Thanksgiving, 11/26)
Register Online to join any session. Register by 4:30pm on the first day of class to avoid a $20 late fee.
Follow our Marshalltown Parks and Recreation Department Facebook page, local radio stations (AM 1230-KFJB, FM 101.1-KIX, AM 1090-KDAO or FM99.5-KDAO) for weather related notifications or cancellations.