Under the instruction of Master Mike Wickham, we are happy to offer Taekwondo classes! More than just kicking and punching, Taekwondo classes are structured for fun, education, self defense and fitness for anyone at almost any age! No uniform is required - wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing. USA Taekwondo guidelines will be used and testing is available to participants through Master Wickham. Follow Taekwondo on its Facebook page to find updates and unforeseen class changes.
- Days: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday nights.
- Location: Community Building in Riverview Park, 402 Woodland Street (temporary)
- Ages: 7 years and older
- Time: 6:45 - 7:45pm (White, Yellow, Orange and Green Belts only)
- 7:45 - 8:45pm (Blue, Brown, Red and Black Belts only)
- Cost: $60 per session
Covid 19 mitigation measures:
- Face Covering ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED and ENCOURAGED. Please think of not just yourself but others.
- 6 ft. Social distancing will be adhered to upon entering the facility
Register Online by first day of class to avoid a $20 late payment fee.
2020 Session Dates
Session 1: Monday, January 6 to Monday, February 10
Session 2: Thursday, February 13 to Thursday, March 19
Session 3: Monday, March 23 to Monday, April 27
Session 4: Thursday, April 30 to Monday, June 8 (except Memorial Day, 5/25)
Session 5: Thursday, June 11 to Thursday, July 16
Session 6: Monday, July 20 to Monday, August 24
Session 7: Thursday, August 27 to Monday, October 5 (except Labor Day, 9/7)
Session 8: Thursday, October 8 to Thursday, November 12
Session 9: Monday, November 16 to Tuesday, December 22 (except Thanksgiving, 11/26) Cancelled due to Covid 19
Register Online before 5:00 p.m. the first day of class to avoid a $20 late enrollment fee.
Follow our Marshalltown Parks and Recreation Department Facebook page, local radio stations (AM 1230-KFJB, FM 101.1-KIX, AM 1090-KDAO or FM99.5-KDAO) or call (641) 754-5715 option 2 for updates. Click “Notify Me” to enroll and receive weather related notifications or cancellations via text or email of your choosing.