Recreational Fire means an outdoor fire burning seasoned hardwood contained in appliances specifically designed for this purpose, with a total fuel area of three (3) feet or less in diameter and two (2) feet or less in height, for the purposes of:
- Similar purposes
Recreational burning shall be allowed for food preparation and camping purposes or as defined in the definition section. The material to be burned is limited to seasoned wood, and the fire shall comply with all other applicable state and local codes related to open burning.
- All recreational fires shall be contained in appliances specifically designed for this purpose. Recreational fires shall be located no less than 15 feet from any structure. The responsible party must provide means to control flying embers.
- All recreational fires shall be extinguished by 2 a.m. and shall use methods that will ensure all remaining embers are completely extinguished.
- Municipal camping areas are exempt from the requirements of this section except the restrictions on size.
- Recreational fires are allowed year-round.
- Recreational burning when atmospheric conditions or local circumstances make such fires hazardous shall be prohibited.