Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Turkey fryers have become extremely popular over the years. Unfortunately, when you fry foods you increase the risk of a cooking fire. Please keep in mind the potential dangers of deep frying a turkey:
1. Turkey fryers can easily tip over spilling hot oil across a large area. Use your turkey fryer outdoors only on a sturdy, level surface away from things that can burn.
2. Overfilling the cooking pot will cause oil to spill over when the turkey is placed inside. Determine the correct amount of oil needed by first placing the turkey in the pot with water.
3. A partially frozen turkey will cause hot oil to splatter. Make sure your turkey is completely thawed before you fry it.
4. Turkey fryers can easily overheat, starting a fire. Check the temperature often with a cooking thermometer so the oil won't overheat.
5. The pot and lid of a turkey fryer can get extremely hot and cause burn injuries. Use long cooking gloves to protect your hands and arms when you handle these items.
Please take a moment and watch the video. .https://youtu.be/HYvMWIvghnQ