Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Marshalltown Fire Department will be hosting a Citizens Fire Academy and is looking for participants!! Learn what it takes to be a firefighter. Participants will learn about:
1. Services the Fire Department provides
2. How to put on and wear the personal protective equipment including SCBA
3. Raising and climbing ladders including our 75 foot aerial ladder
4. Fire behavior and extinguishment
5. Auto extrication and use the extrication tools
6. Performing search and rescue
7. Deploying hoselines and establishing water supplies
Citizens Fire Academy will begin Tuesday, September 10th at 6:15 pm and meet at the fire station every Tuesday evening through October 8th. We should be ending each evening around 9:00 pm. The last session will be on Saturday, October 12th and run from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. There will be a picnic after completion.
Participation requires a bit of physical exertion, so check with your physician to see if you are capable of participating. For those who do not feel they can participate but would like to observe and learn, please come and join us.
For more information, contact the department at 641.754.5751. We look forward to seeing you!!!