- Sanitary Sewer Division
- Service Line Warranties of America
Service Line Warranties of America
City Residents Can Now Purchase Service Line Protection!
We are pleased to offer a program to further enhance our city services to residents. We
have entered into a new agreement with Service Line Warranties of America (SLWA), a HomeServe
Company, a leading provider of home repair solutions, to provide optional repair service plans to
our resident homeowners.
The service plans offered to City of Marshalltown homeowners through SLWA are affordable
solutions to protect them from the cost and inconvenience of home repair emergencies, including
water service line leaks on their property. As you may know, many of our residents become
frustrated when they discover a broken water pipe and then learn that the repair is their
responsibility. Homeowners are often unaware these types of repairs are not covered by basic
homeowners insurance policies or by us. The City of Marshalltown recognized that one way we
could address this problem is to offer an optional service program that would protect our
homeowners from the cost and inconvenience of this type of repair.
The City of Marshalltown and SLWA have worked together to tailor the program to meet the needs
of our residents. The marketing, customer service, and repairs using local, licensed, and approved
contractors will be managed entirely by SLWA.
What you need to know:
• Residents may have received an introductory mailing to inform them about optional
exterior water or sewer service line repair plans available through SLWA. Because we have an
agreement with SLWA, the City of Marshalltown logo will appear on the mailings, which will clearly
state that the program is voluntary and is administered by SLWA, not the City.
• The Exterior Water Service Line Coverage is available for $6.75 per month and an Exterior
Sewer/Septic Line Coverage plan is available for $7.75 per month. Services are billed, monthly,
quarterly or annually directly through SLWA.
• SLWA plan holders have access to a repair hotline that is accessible 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and repairs are performed by local, licensed, and insured contractors.
• Homeowners can learn more about these optional plans and SLWA by visiting www.slwofa.com or calling toll-free 1-866-922-9006.
• Founded in 2003, Utility Service Partners, together with its parent company, HomeServe USA, has
partnered with over 700 leading cities, municipalities, and utilities to provide repair service plans
that offer peace of mind and convenience. The SLWA program maintains an A+ rating with the
Better Business Bureau and is recognized as a trusted source of utility line service plans and is also
endorsed by the National League of Cities.