HomeServe - Service Line Warranties of America
City Residents Can Purchase Service Line Protection!
The service plans offered to City of Marshalltown homeowners through Service Line Warranties of America, a subsidiary of HomeServe are affordable solutions to protect them from the cost and inconvenience of home repair emergencies. As you may know, many of our residents can become frustrated when they discover a broken water pipe or a collapsed sewer lateral and then learn that the repair is their responsibility. Homeowners are often unaware these types of repairs are not covered by some homeowner's insurance policies or by the City.
The City of Marshalltown recognized that one way we could address this problem is to work with a company to offer an optional service program that would protect our homeowners from the cost and inconvenience of these types of repairs.
The City of Marshalltown and Service Line Warranties of America / HomeServe have worked together to tailor the program to meet the needs of our residents. The marketing, customer service, and repairs using local, licensed, and approved contractors will be managed entirely by Service Line Warranties of America / HomeServe.
Formerly this went by "Service Line Warranties of America"; however, we have been notified mailings and information are now showing the "HomeServe" designation. Home Serve purchased Service Line Warranties of America and depending on when you sign up - your informational material may be listed under either company. Be sure that your plan is considered "in partnership with Marshalltown" so you get expanded coverage at our city rate!
What you need to know:
1. Residents may receive mailings to inform them about optional exterior water, exterior sewer service line, or interior plumbing repair plans available through HomeServe. Not all plans are the plans the City worked with them on. You may want to confirm the one you sign up for indicates "Partnership with Marshalltown" or "Partnership with Marshalltown Water Works". We have heard instances of plans being purchased directly through HomeServe only covering to the property line; whereas, the Exterior Sewer Service line plan in partnership with Marshalltown covers it to the main (which provides you additional coverage).
2. This is a voluntary program and is solely administered by Service Line Warranties of America / HomeServe, not the City.
3. To the best of the City's knowledge, the plans available (as of June 2023) are:
Exterior Sewer / Septic Line Coverage @ $4.33 / month (First year monthly rate) - Prices in subsequent years may vary (for example: $5.33 / month, $5.46 / month, etc.)
Exterior Water Service Line Coverage @ $7.49 / month (First year monthly rate)
Interior Plumbing and Drainage System Coverage @ $9.98 / month (First year monthly rate)
4. You can learn more about available plans by calling 1-833-521-0199 (Home Serve) or 1-844-257-8795 (Service Line Warranties of America).
5. The City of Marshalltown and Marshalltown Water Works do not have any access to information on who has what plans or coverage, nor any denied, pending, or active claims. You will need to work directly with HomeServe (1-833-521-0199) or 1-844-257-8795 (Service Line Warranties of America).