Park Rental Buildings
Buildings are available to be rented and used at full capacity.
Social distancing continues to be recommended.
Five enclosed park buildings are available to rent:
- See description of buildings addresses, hours, photos, occupant capacity, cost and more here.
- Riverview Park has the Community Building and Reunion Hall available to rent all year; also the Log Cabin, available seasonally (May to October).
- The Log Cabin in Riverview Park, and Anson Park and Kiwanis Park buildings have no heating, air conditioning or refrigerators and are available seasonally (May to October).
- July 6 the Anson Park building will close for renovations and reopen with a refrigerator, heat and air conditioning to then be available to rent all year.
Information to know about park buildinga:
- See rental "Building Use Rules" in English and Spanish here.
- Buildings cannot be used for ‘personal gain’ (ie: no sales)
- Building use time is the date of paid building use from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., including setup and cleaning.
- Alcohol is not permitted in any park.
- Alcohol is permitted inside Riverview Park buildings when a $20 fee is paid and an ID is provided.
- Beginning January 1, 2020, buildings may be rented through December 31, 2021.
Find available dates / buildings to reserve online:
Choose: Building Rental
Choose: Park – Anson, Kiwanis or Riverview
Choose: Building – Anson Park Building, Kiwanis Park Building and
Riverview Park Buildings - (Community Building (1st), Log Cabin (3rd) and Reunion Hall (2nd)).
Building dates available to reserve show on each individual building calendar in GREEN.
To reserve a building online you will need your driver’s license (or ID) and a credit/debit card.
No deposit is charged; pay the rental fee to reserve a building date.
After a building is rented:
An email receipt will be sent to the email address provided.
The receipt shows Building Use Rules, refund policy, building details and more.
Read the Building Use Rules for compliance and avoidance of additional fees.
Contact (641) 754-5715, Ext 1 with questions.
To pick up a key, show your credit/debit card for the number to be recorded.
Follow all the rules to avoid additional fees and enable future building use.
Pack cleaning supplies.
Oversee all aspects of the building you rented to
After use of the building:
Clean all tables, chairs, counters and floor.
Return tables and chairs to storage racks in storage room.
Check and secure the building.
Return the key to the Key Drop Box at 10 West State Street.
Other frequently asked questions:
What do I do if I forget to get a key and now the Parks & Recreation office is closed?
When a key is not picked up within office hours, a $25 fee is charged for key pick up after hours. Call (641) 754-5725 for assistance to receive a key after hours.
What shall I do with the trash?
Three very large trash cans with even larger trash bags are in each building. Leave provided bags in the trash cans and parks staff will take those bags out. If more trash is anticipated, bring bags and take your trash bags with you out of the park.
What if I am concerned of enough time to set up before my guests arrive?
Consider renting the building the day before, if available, or asking family or friends for help setting up for guests.
Additional questions? Contact (641) 754-5715, Ext. 1.
Marshalltown has a "Tobacco-Free" park policy, which bans all tobacco products in City owned parks and green space. Persons using tobacco products must move off City owned property.
Alcohol is permitted inside buildings rented in Riverview Park. View Alcohol Rules and Regulations. Renters including alcohol are required to show a driver’s license or identification.