Park Rental Buildings
Five enclosed park buildings are available to rent:
- Description of buildings addresses, hours, photos, occupant capacity, cost and more found here.
- In Riverview Park, the Community Building and Reunion Hall are available for rent year round.
- The Log Cabin in Riverview Park, Anson Park and Kiwanis Park buildings have no heating, air conditioning or refrigerators and are available seasonally (May - October).
Information to know about park buildings:
- "Building Use Rules", in English and Spanish, are available here.
- Buildings cannot be used for ‘personal gain’ (ie: no sales)
- Use of a building is on the day of paid rental, 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m., which include all set up and cleaning.
- Alcohol is only permitted inside buildings at Riverview Park, for a $20 fee. Consumption of alcohol outside the designated buildings is not permitted or in any park other than Riverview Park.
- Beginning January 1, 2021, buildings may be rented through December 31, 2022.
Find available dates / buildings to reserve online:
Choose: Building Rental
Choose: Park – Anson, Kiwanis or Riverview
Choose: Building – Anson Park Building, Kiwanis Park Building and
Riverview Park Buildings - (Community Building, Reunion Hall, and Log Cabin).
Building dates available to reserve show on each individual building calendar in GREEN.
Rental fee must be paid to reserve a building date, along with the renter's driver’s license (or ID). Credit/debit card use fees are 3% + $.30.
After renting a building:
A receipt will be sent to the email address provided. Read the receipt for important details.
If a change of a reserved building is needed, please contact Parks & Recreation office .
Receive a key at the Parks & Recreation office by showing your credit/debit card.
Follow all Building Use Rules to avoid additional fees, and enable future building use.
After use of the building:
Clean all tables, chairs, counters and floor. In this time of COVID 19, common touch area are asked to be cleaned.
Return tables and chairs to storage racks in storage room.
Check and secure the building.
Return the key to the Key Drop Box at 10 West State Street.
Frequently asked questions:
I forget to get a key and now Parks & Recreation office is closed. Now what?
- Call (641) 754-5725 for assistance and pay a $25 fee charged to receive a key after hours.
What shall I do with trash?
- Leave the 3 very large trash bags provided inside their trash cans inside the building (Parks staff will dispose of those bags). When more trash is anticipated, bring your own bags and take your trash bags home - out of the park with you.
I am concerned of enough time to set up before my guests arrive. What are my options?
- Consider renting the building the day before when available, or ask family or friends for help to set up.
Additional questions? Contact (641) 754-5715, Ext. 1 or precoffice@Marshalltown-ia.gov.
Marshalltown has a "Tobacco-Free" park policy, which bans all tobacco products in City owned parks and green space. Persons using tobacco products must move off City owned property.
Alcohol is only permitted inside rented Riverview Park buildings with a prepaid $20 fee. Alcohol Rules and Regulations.