Dog Park in Riverview Park
The Marshalltown Dog Park is located at the East end of Riverview Park and is open year round! Snow removal will not be done during the winter months. You may bring a shovel to clear the gates to let your dog run and exercise!
Marshalltown Dog Park Rules
Your help enforcing these rules will make this park enjoyable for all.
- Each dog must be registered through the annual registration process or a day pass.
- Dogs are required to have all current vaccinations.
- The park is open from dawn to dusk.
- Dog owners must pickup and dispose of dog waste.
- Children under 9 years of age are not permitted in the off-leash area. Children ages 9-17 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Owners must keep their dogs under control and carry a leash for each dog. No more than three dogs per handler.
- Aggressive dogs must be leashed and removed immediately.
- Dog treats allowed for training purposes only.
- Dogs cannot be left unattended in the park.
- Dogs in heat, puppies under 5 months old and sick dogs are not allowed.
- Dog owners are responsible for the acts and conduct of their animals and assume all risks related to the use of the dog park.
- Dogs deemed vicious by the City of Marshalltown are not permitted in the park.
Marshalltown Dog Park Policies
Daily use fee is $2 per dog. Annual Dog Park Membership Registration forms are available here, from your veterinarian and at the Parks & Recreation office. Veterinarian record information needed includes expiration dates of Parvo/Distemper and Rabies, along with if your dog is Spayed or Neutered.
- Alcohol is not allowed in Riverview Park, which includes the dog park.
- No digging is allowed.
- Dogs must be on their leash when not in the fenced in area.
- Dogs should be in close range (within eyesight) of handler and under voice control at all times.
- Flat collars are required. Pinch/prong/spike collars are not allowed for the protection of the other dogs in the park.
Dog Park Users may also enjoy the Annual Dog Days of Summer Doggie Dip. However, in 2019 the Iowa Department of Human Services required aquatic chemicals to remain at safe levels for humans, which was not safe for pets. Please contact your state representatives to encourage this requirement be changed for the future. We hope the state Doggie Dip requirements may change so this event may return in the future.
Now it is time for the dogs to have some fun in the sun at the Aquatic Center!!!! Humans are allowed in the water at their own risk along with their dog(s). To gain entry to the event owners must show that their dog(s) have current rabies and distemper vaccinations. No dogs in heat allowed. Rules and regulations may be obtained at the Parks and Recreation Office or at the Aquatic Center.
The Monday and Tuesday in August after the Aquatic Center closes. Check back for dates.
- Dogs 25 lbs & under - 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Dogs 26 lbs & over - 6:45 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.
- $5 per dog
Tree & Bench Memorials
The City of Marshalltown welcomes memorial donations toward trees and benches. These generous donations will grace our public spaces for decades while providing a unique opportunity to honor a special person or to mark a notable event. The planting of the tree or placement of the bench will be done by parks staff. The City will assume continued maintenance.