Dog Park in Riverview Park
The Marshalltown Dog Park is located at the east end of Riverview Park and is open year round! Snow is not removed during winter months. You may bring a shovel to clear the gates to let your dog run and exercise!
Marshalltown Dog Park Rules
Your help enforcing these rules makes this park more enjoyable for all.
- Each dog must be registered through the annual registration process or a day pass.
- Dogs are required to have all current vaccinations.
- The park is open from dawn to dusk.
- Dog owners must pickup and dispose of dog waste.
- Children under 9 years of age are not permitted in the off-leash area.
- Children ages 9-17 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Owners must keep their dogs under control and carry a leash for each dog.
- No more than three dogs per handler.
- Aggressive dogs must be leashed and removed immediately.
- Dog treats are allowed for training purposes only.
- Dogs cannot be left unattended in the park.
- Dogs in heat, puppies under 5 months old and sick dogs are not allowed.
- Dog owners assume all risks related to the use of the dog park and are responsible for the acts and conduct of their animals.
- Dogs deemed vicious by the City of Marshalltown are not permitted in the park.
Marshalltown Dog Park Policies & Fees
Daily use fee is $2 per dog. Annual Dog Park Membership Registration forms are available here, from your veterinarian and at the Parks & Recreation office. Veterinarian information needed includes expiration dates of Parvo/Distemper and Rabies, along with if your dog is spayed or neutered. Annual membership fee is $25 with a $5 discount when your dog is spayed or neutered to be only $20 from January 1 - December 31 each year.
- Alcohol is not allowed in Riverview Park, which includes the dog park.
- No digging is allowed.
- Dogs must be on their leash when not in the fenced in area.
- Dogs should be in close range (within eyesight) of handler and under voice control at all times.
- Flat collars are required. Pinch/prong/spike collars are not allowed for the protection of the other dogs in the park.
Tree & Bench Memorials
The City of Marshalltown welcomes memorial donations toward trees and benches. These generous donations will grace our public spaces for decades while providing a unique opportunity to honor a special person or to mark a notable event. The planting of the tree or placement of the bench will be done by parks staff. The City will assume continued maintenance.