Dog Park in Riverview Park
The Marshalltown Dog Park is located at the east end of Riverview Park and is open year round! Snow is not removed during winter months. Dog Park users may bring shovels to clear the gates to allow access for dogs run and exercise!
Marshalltown Dog Park Rules
Your help enforcing these rules makes this park more enjoyable for all.
- Each dog must be registered through a day pass or an annual (January-December) registration.
- Dogs are required to have all current vaccinations.
- The park is open from dawn to dusk.
- Dog owners must pickup and dispose of dog waste.
- Children under 9 years of age are not permitted in the off-leash area.
- Children ages 9-17 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Owners must keep their dogs under control and carry a leash for each dog.
- No more than three dogs per handler.
- Aggressive dogs must be leashed and removed immediately.
- Dog treats are allowed for training purposes only.
- Dogs cannot be left unattended in the park.
- Dogs in heat, puppies under 5 months old and sick dogs are not allowed.
- Dog owners assume all risks related to the use of the dog park and are responsible for the acts and conduct of their animals.
- Dogs deemed vicious by the City of Marshalltown are not permitted in the park.
Marshalltown Dog Park Policies & Fees
Daily use fee is $2 per dog placed in envelopes provided and left in the drop box. Annual Dog Park Membership registration forms forms are available online, from your veterinarian and at the Parks & Recreation office. Annual registration requires expiration dates of Parvo/Distemper and Rabies, if your dog is spayed or neutered and Veterinarian contact information. Annual membership fee is $25, or $20 with a $5 discount when your dog is spayed or neutered. Annual Memberships are January 1 - December 31.
- Alcohol is not allowed in Riverview Park, which includes the dog park.
- No digging is allowed.
- Dogs must be on their leash when not inside the fenced area.
- Dogs should be under voice control, eyesight and close range of handler at all times.
- Flat collars are required. Pinch/prong/spike collars are not allowed for the protection of the other dogs in the park.
Tree & Bench Memorials
The City of Marshalltown welcomes the donations through our Memorial Tree and Bench Program. These generous donations will grace our public spaces for decades while providing a unique opportunity to honor a special person or to mark a notable event. The planting of the tree or placement of a bench will be done by parks staff. The City will assume continued maintenance.