Golf For Ages 5 to 8
This class will teach the basics needed to begin the game of golf. Junior size clubs and left-handed clubs are available for use, if needed. Class meets at the American Legion Memorial Golf Course.
The classes are made up of a minimum of six and a maximum of 12 participants.
- Days: Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Dates: June 11 to 20
- (2301.11) - 9:30 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. (Ages 5-6)
- (2302.11) - 10:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. (Ages 7-8)
- Location: American Legion (S 6th Street and Ingledue Street)
- Cost: $25
Golf Instruction For Ages 9 to 13
Youth lessons are offered in two sessions. Learn the basic techniques, rules and golf etiquette. Class times are spent on skills as well as playing on a real course! Enrollment covers all fees, including the golf course. Each session consists of 8 classes. Class sizes are limited, so enroll early. Clubs needed include 9, 7, driver, putter. Junior size clubs and left-handed clubs are available for use, if needed. The classes are made up of a minimum of six and a maximum of 16 participants.
- Days: Tuesday and Thursday
- Dates: June 11 - July 5
- 9 to 10 am, June 11 - 19 at the Legion Driving Range
- 9 to 10 am, June 21 to July 3 at Collison Par 3 course
- 10:15 to 11:15 am, June 11 - 19 at the Legion Driving Range
- 10:15 to 11:15 am, June 21 to July 3 at Collison Par 3 course
- American Legion (South 6th and Ingledue Streets)
- Collison Par 3 Golf Course (1731 Taylor Avenue, North East of Marshalltown). View a Directional Map (PDF).
- Cost: $38 per session
Weather Related Concerns
To receive notifications for weather related concern clickto enroll and receive notifications via text or email of your choosing. Alternately, follow our Marshalltown Parks and Recreation Department Facebook page, local radio stations (AM 1230-KFJB, FM 101.1-KIX, AM 1090-KDAO or FM99.5-KDAO) or call our cancellation line (641) 754-5779 for updates. Parks and Recreation will not issue refunds if dates cannot be made up due to weather conditions, acts of God or Aquatic Center availability.