Golf For Ages 5 to 8
This class will teach the basics needed to begin the game of golf. Junior size clubs and left-handed clubs are available for use, if needed. Class meets at the American Legion Memorial Golf Course.
The classes are made up of a minimum of six and a maximum of 12 participants.
- Days: Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Dates: June 13 to 22
- (2301.11) - 9:30 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. (Ages 5-6)
- (2302.11) - 10:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. (Ages 7-8)
- Location: American Legion (S 6th Street and Ingledue Street)
- Cost: $25
Golf Instruction For Ages 9 to 13
Youth lessons are offered in two sessions. Learn the basic techniques, rules and golf etiquette. Class times are spent on skills as well as playing on a real course! Enrollment covers all fees, including the golf course. Each session consists of 8 classes. Class sizes are limited, so enroll early. Clubs needed include 9, 7, driver, putter. Junior size clubs and left-handed clubs are available for use, if needed.
The classes are made up of a minimum of six and a maximum of 16 participants.
- Days: Tuesday and Thursday
- Dates: June 6 to 29
- 9 a.m. to 10 a.m., June 6 to 15 classes at the Legion Driving Range
- 10:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m., June 20 to 29 at Collison Par 3 course
- 10:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m., June 6 to 15 classes at the Legion Driving Range
- 10:15 a.m. to 11:45 a.m., June 20 to 29 classes at Collison Par 3 course
- American Legion (South 6th and Ingledue Streets)
- Collison Par 3 Golf Course (1731 Taylor Avenue, North East of Marshalltown). View a Directional Map (PDF).
- Cost: $38 per session