Marshalltown Municipal Transit
Services provided by the Marshalltown Municipal Transit Division include:
- Relay Iowa - call 711 or 1-800-735-2942 for assistance. We provide fixed-route and demand/response public transportation.
- Accessibility for disabled and elderly persons is available. All buses are equipped with a ramp or lift for wheelchairs and mobility devices.
- Paratransit Service provides origin-to-destination service for those individuals unable to access the regular fixed route. Please contact the MMT office or Region 6 Planning Commission for further details. Paratransit Service operates from 7 a.m. until 6 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- Premium Paratransit Service provides door-to-door service. Premium service is priced somewhat higher than regular Paratransit Service. Applications for ADA services, Paratransit services, or Personal Care Attendant are available on the MMT Resources page.
- Regular Fixed-route Service begins at 7:10 a.m., and ends at 6 p.m., Monday to Friday. MMT has five basic routes that cover most of the city: Blue, Green, Red, Orange and Purple.
- Transfers - If your trip requires a transfer from one route to another, just tell the driver. Transfers are made at the Community Center.
Information You Should Know
- The bus stops at any corner along the route
- Arrive at the bus stop a minute or two ahead of the scheduled time
- Please have the correct change. Drivers do not carry cash.
- People using wheelchairs must have and use their foot rests when riding a city bus. This is for the safety of the passenger. There are no exceptions.
- New Year's Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- The Friday after Thanksgiving Day