Parks & Recreation
Due to the derecho storm damage on Monday, August 10, 2020....
- Trees with dangerously hanging branches or limbs over city right-of-way may be reported to Parks & Recreation at (641) 754-5715, ext. 1. Trees with red numbers indicate having a dangerous branch or limb. The process of removal of this danger is in progress. Your patience are appreciated as this is a lengthy process.
- Vegetative debris may continue to be taken to the Compost Facility (901 Woodland Street), at no charge, between 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. until close of this season. Waived fees are temporary to aid in immediate storm cleanup.
- When needed, removal of vegetative debris from curbs may be reported to Public Works at (641) 754-5734. Transporting vegetative debris to the Compost Facility is greatly appreciated.
- Volunteers are appreciated in efforts to rake or pick up small debris following larger debris removal in parks and along trails. Contact our Parks & Recreation Director, Geoff Hubbard, for directions or details at (641) 754-5715, ext. 4 or GHubbard@marshalltown-ia.gov.
- Riverview Campground is closed for the 2020 season and will reopen as weather permits in 2021.
Follow Marshalltown Parks and Recreation Facebook page for updates.
Due to COVID-19, please continue to:
Stay home if you feel sick.
Wear a face covering.
Maintain at least six feet from others.
Avoid large gatherings.
Wash or sanitize hands frequently.
Marshalltown Parks and Recreation programs and facilities are available to all citizens regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. Reasonable accommodations and support can be requested to provide an individual’s participation in desired programs and activities.
Follow our Facebook page, Marshalltown Parks and Recreation Department and local radio stations (AM 1230-KFJB, FM 101.1-KIX, AM 1090-KDAO or FM99.5-KDAO) or call (641) 754-5715, Ext. 2 for updates. Click “Notify Me” to enroll to receive notifications or cancellations via text or email of your choosing.