Parks & Recreation
The Parks & Recreation office is open! Thank you for wearing a required mask when entering the Parks & Recreation Department office.
See Aquatic Center page for more details.
- Temperatures of all patrons will be taken upon entry into the facility. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be admitted. We ask that patrons stay home if they are sick.
- Patrons will be asked 2 questions regarding Covid-19 Symptoms and everyone entering the facility will need to sign in.
- All deck chairs have been removed. Patrons will need to bring own chairs or loungers.
- Extra sanitizing procedures will be in place.
- Limit of tubes on the lazy river. No double tubes this year.
- "Social Distancing" is encourage in and out of the water.
- Masks are encouraged while on deck but are discouraged while in the water.
- Swim Test will only be given during the pool breaks.
- Restrooms will be closed for 10 minutes every hour for sanitizing. (Announcements will be made)
- Limited pre-wrapped concession items will be available.
Began June 8th and will continue though August 14th. See the Summer Blast Day Camp page for details.
Rental buildings are open and available for rent.
Parks, trails, play equipment, Skatepark, dog park, disc golf course, tennis courts and basketball courts are open. Restrooms are open, except at Anson Park.
Futsal courts will remain closed, due to the construction in West End Park.
Rental buildings are open and available to be rented for use at full building capacity.
Riverview Campground is open, including restrooms/shower house.
Follow Marshalltown Parks and Recreation Facebook page for updates.
Due to COVID-19, please continue to:
Stay home if you feel sick.
Wear a face covering.
Maintain at least six feet from others.
Avoid large gatherings.
Wash or sanitize hands frequently.
Marshalltown Parks and Recreation programs and facilities are available to all citizens regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. Reasonable accommodations and support can be requested to provide an individual’s participation in desired programs and activities.
Follow our Facebook page, Marshalltown Parks and Recreation Department and local radio stations (AM 1230-KFJB, FM 101.1-KIX, AM 1090-KDAO or FM99.5-KDAO) or call (641) 754-5715, Ext. 2 for updates. Click “Notify Me” to enroll to receive notifications or cancellations via text or email of your choosing.