The City Clerk’s Office is a division of the City Administrator’s Office and is located on the first floor of City Hall at 24 North Center Street. Office hours are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday, through Friday, with the exception of designated city holidays.
City Clerk for the City of Marshalltown is Alicia Hunter.
As a City Council-appointed, record-keeping officer, the City Clerk is responsible for the preparation, execution, and archiving of all City Council documents as prescribed by State law and City Code. These duties include:
- Archival of City Council documents, official proceedings, ordinances, and resolutions
- Beer, Wine, and Liquor Licenses
- Board and Commission applications and appointments
- Business Licenses
- Cigarette/Tobacco/Nicotine/Vapor Licenses
- City Council meetings
- City Council election materials
- City Hall general information
- Civil Service Commission (HR Director is delegated as Secretary of the Commission)
- Collections, including State of Iowa Income Offset and Property Tax Assessment
- Development Agreements and Leases
- Notary Public services
- Oaths of Office
- Publication of legal notices
- Recording of official document
- Recording Secretary for the Mayor, the City Council and the Civil Service Commission
- Special event and parade permits
- What are the requirements for being on a Committee or Board?
- What is the population of Marshalltown?
- How does the City of Marshalltown set utility rates? What are the rates?
- How do I make a request for information?
- Does the City offer any tax incentives for rehabilitation or new construction of residential homes?
- How do I apply for a block party permit?
- How do I arrange for garbage service?
- Are tree trimmers required to be licensed?
- How do I run for an elected City office? What resources are available?
- Does the Council have a rules or policy manual?
- Who is my council representative?
- Where do I obtain a copy of the City Council agenda or meeting minutes?